A short list of the various commands that you can use on Desolation. This page is currently being sorted through and categorized, please be patient. :) For more help about a command, please try typing "help <command>" while on the mud, or ask a knowledgeable individual. :) Items listed in bold are extremely important commands for getting by on Desolation. For a list of creator commands, see Category:CreCommands.
- adverbs - displays a lists of adverbs that can be mixed with feelings.
- chan - used to turn channels on and off/list channels. "help chan" for more info.
- converse - puts you into conversation mode.
- emote <message> - used to do "custom actions"
- feelings - displays a list of all the emotes. "smile/frown/etc"
- findemote <what> - searches the emote list for a particular string.
- gossip <message> - send a msg on the mud-wide gossip channel. Other channels exist.
- mail - opens the mail editor for sending mail to offline people.
- newbie <message> - ask for help
- ooc <message> - "out of character", similar to say
- project <message> with <object> - used for throwing your voice.
- random - perform a random emote/feeling.
- reply <message> - sends a tell back to the last person you got one from.
- say <message> - send a message to everyone in the room.
- semote - "show emote", displays information about a emote/feeling.
- shout <message> - send a message to everybody in the same zone.
- talk to <creature> - used to talk to NPCs and shopkeepers.
- tell <message> to <player> - send a private message to someone.
- whisper <message> - whisper a message to your current room.
- who - lists everybody who is currently online.
 Character Info
- describe - enters a description that people see when they examine you.
- finger <person> - no not that, displays info about a person.
- inventory - shows what items you are currently carrying.
- menu - puts you into a game menu that accesses various commands.
- money - display how much money you are carrying.
- nickname - set a nickname for your character.
- passwd - used to change your password.
- plan - used to set your plan file.
- quests - shows you all the quests you have received and completed.
- quit - exit the game.
- quote - set your quote. Displayed on finger, and in other situations.
- recipes - shows you all the crafting recipes you know.
- recovery - to see how long you have to wait until you've recovered from a special move or ability
- rpstats - shows your character's roleplaying statistics.
- save - save your character info to disk (in case of crash, or other situation)
- score - shows you your character stats and other information.
- skills - displays your skills, and your current training points.
- titles - shows your available titles and let you choose an active one.
 Gear & Combat
- ammo - shows remaining ammunition in wielded firearms.
- armor - lists which armor covers which part of the body.
- consider <creature or item> - evaluate a creature's toughness or get details about your equipment.
- diagnose <creature> - find out a creature's health status.
- equip <armor or weapon> - ready a weapon or armor for use.
- kill <creature> - start a fight with a creature or another player.
- remove <armor> - useful for changing your clothing.
- reload <weapon/clip> with <clip/ammo>
- speedload <weapon> with <clip>
- stance <type> - set aggressive/passive/mixed combat stances.
- switch <weapon> to <type> - can be safety, single, burst, full-auto, etc.
- unjam <firearm> - Desolation firearms tend to be fairly ancient, and are prone to jamming. This command will make them function again.
- unload <weapon/clip>
- unwield <weapon> - used to unequip a weapon.
- wear <armor> - used to equip armor or clothing.
- wield <weapon> - used to equip a weapon.
- wimpy <percentage> - set when you flee from combat (currently broken)
- brief - sets brief (short) display mode for room descriptions.
- climb <direction>, climb <object> , climb <direction> <object> - climb a particular direction.
- drive <direction> - pilot a vehicle a particular direction.
- enter <object> - enter a vehicle or building.
- exit <object> - get out of an object, such as a vehicle.
- exits - shows which directions you can leave the current room.
- follow <player> - begin following another player. Use again to stop.
- go <direction> - walk in the direction specified.
- look, look at <object> - displays your current surroundings, or info about an item.
- north - short for "go north", also typing "n" will work. Other directions are similar.
- pick <object> with <item> - used for lockpicking open closed doors or boxes.
- scan <direction> - find creatures in adjacent rooms.
- verbose - sets verbose (long) display mode for room descriptions.
 Terminal Settings
- alias - enter the alias editor, where you can create shortened names for other commands.
- ansi <on/off> - specify whether or not to use ansi color.
- biff <on/off> - specify whether or not you recieve warning when you get mail.
- censor <on/off> - specify whether or not to filter specific swearwords.
- colours <type> <color> - set default colors for certain types of messages.
- delim <string> - set your command delimiter, for entering multi-line commands.
- height <#> - set your default screen height (in lines).
- map <on/off> - specify whether or not to display the map while navigating.
- prompt <prompt> - set your prompt to include health or other info.
- showcontents <on/off> - whether or not items show contents in room descriptions.
- unalias <alias> - removes an alias.
- width <#> - set your default screen width (in characters).
 Vendors & Shopping
- ask <vendor> about <item> - have a vendor show you the long description of an item.
- buy <number> - buy an item from a vendor's list
- list - see a vendor's list of goods.
- offer <item> - get an appraisal from a vendor
- retain <item> - 'locks' an item so that you cannot accidently sell it to a vendor.
- sell <item> - sell an item to a vendor
- unretain <item> - unlocks a retained item, so that you can once again sell it to a vendor.
- recipes - shows all the crafting recipes your character knows
- build <item> - builds the item if you have knowledge and the proper ingredients and tools
- roll <item> - rolls a cigarette for smoking
- tan <item> - tans hides/pelts
- sew <item> - sews clothes
- smith <item> - smiths metals
- cook <item> - cooks meals
- bug - puts you into the text editor so you can report a bug
- feedback - puts you into the feedback text editor.
- groups - lists and sets your "groups", used for sending email.
- help - used for accessing more information about a command or topic.
- idea - used for entering suggestions for mud improvements.
- inactive - flag yourself as being inactive so people know.
- mudlist - lists all muds participating in the I3/intermud network.
- note <string> on <object>
- question - puts you into the text editor in order to submit a question.
- time - displays local server time and how long the mud has been up.
- typo - puts you into the text editor to report a typo in the game.
- version - displays info about the current mudlib and mud driver.
- break <object>
- close <object>
- count <object>
- cross <object>
- disarm <bomb>
- drink <liquid>
- drop <item>
- eat <food> - eat something
- extinguish <object>
- feel <object>
- fill <object>, fill <object> with <object>, fill <object> from <object>
- fish in <object>, fish in <object> with <object>, fish with <object>
- flip <switch>
- get <object>
- give <object> to <person>
- hide <object>
- knock on <door>
- light <object>
- lock <object>
- open <object>
- put <object> in <object> - used for placing items in containers.
- report - when carrying a radio, used to check to see if you can advance your level. (deprecated)
- use <object>, use <object> on <target> - for using items, such as a first-aid kit.
Pages in category "Commands"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total.